SubCultures Design Con Exclusive Update Press Release 5/03/04
Hollywood, Fl - Here is the final line-up for the Rex Ganon designer hand painted one-of-a-kind random rip-off summer con exclusive:
1. Bearded Sailor Rex - Too much whiskey on the high seas! Funfact: The beard on this Rex figure was modeled after Toyfare assistant editor Justin Aclin.
2. Rex's Roomate Vaughn (not Rex) - We don't see the similarities but some would say Rex looks a lot like his roommate Vaughn. Whatever you do don't lend him movies…you'll never see them again. And what is up with that incense he uses?
3. Metro-Sexual Rex - Uh oh! Someone's getting a make over! Marvel at Rex's new frosted hair-do, and matching tinted eyebrows! Notice too how white his finger nails are!
4. GermAsian Royal Guard - Many have asked: Where did the costume Rex wears come from? And I shall answer now: The GermAsian Alliance is a strong military force gaining power all over Europe and Asia. On one mission, Rex knocks out a GermAsian Royal Guard and dons his costume in order to sneak around.
5. Burple Rex - Strange alternate universe Rex from across the galaxy? That would explain the missing snack crackers from the pantry!
6. Golden Legs of Rex Ganon - This is the rarest of all con exclusives (Available ONLY at Wizard World Chicago) is painted gold so it must be worth more! Useless? Yes! Painted gold with real paint! TOTALLY! Now that's a con exclusive!
7. Battle Damaged Rex - Kick Punch Ouchie! Rex's gotten the snot kicked out of him! Now go fight win!
8. Tiger Python Trooper Rex - Ha ha! How clever it is to re-release old figures with a new paint scheme! Well just so happens Rex is on a mission in the jungle where his camouflage needs to reflect Tigers and Pythons and stuff! Also features hi-tech stubble!
9. SilvaBot Rex - The power of silver and the future of humanoid circuitry collide in this dynamic (yet crappy) figure. Let's hope his age-old feud with the real Rex Ganon can be ended peacefully!
10. Think Pink Rex - A pop art experiment or the aftermath of a splatterfest with aliens? You decide…then take a nap!
You can look for these limited 10 figures to be sold amongst the regular 2,500 Rex Ganon figures at the following shows:
July 2nd GI Joe Convention, Orlando
July 22nd San Diego Comic Con
Aug 12th Wizard World Chicago
For more info, or to order a regular boring non-exclusive Rex figure , please check out www.subculturesdesign.com