Toy Play, a division of global consumer products organization The Betesh Group, is thrilled to announce the retail debut of its Spring 2006 Xiaolin Showdown
toy line; the premiere collection of toys inspired by Warner Bros. Animation’s Emmy Award-winning television series Xiaolin Showdown
Geared to boys 6-11 years of age, the collection is inspired by the Kung Fu mystical action-adventure comedy Xiaolin Showdown
which features four young warriors
with elemental powers who unite to bravely battle evil
. The culturally diverse series chronicles Omi, a gifted Kung Fu monk, who leads three dragons-in-training, Kimiko, a wealthy Japanese girl hacker, Raimundo, a flashy Brazilian circus star, and Texas Kung Fu cowboy Clay on globetrotting adventures. The warriors seek to search and protect the Shen Gong Wu, ancient magical power objects that give possessors supernatural martial arts skills. The series which airs Saturday mornings (9:00am ET/8:00am PT) on Kids’ WB!, debuted in November 2003 and has propelled into its third season.
Toy Play has translated the uniqueness of the magical adventure series into a line of classic action figures, collectibles and role play toys which warrior fans of Xiaolin Showdown
are sure to love as much as their favorite characters from the hit television series. Said Jonathan Breiter, Senior Vice President of The Betesh Group, “We are so excited to launch our Xiaolin Showdown line at retail and to finally let kids collect and play with their TV heroes. We’ve translated the fantasy appeal of the show into toys that have everything a kid wants – collectibility, imaginative role play, action figure adventure.”
Feature toys include:
• Xiaolin Showdown PVC Collectible Figures
- collectible set of 2” stackable PVC characters each in a fun action pose. SRP $ 5.99
• Xiaolin Showdown Action Figures
– fully articulated assortment of 5.5” colorful action figures which come with prized Shen Gong Wu accessories! SRP $ 6.99
• Deluxe Dojo
- flexible 20” Dojo the Dragon which can be posed in many different positions. Dojo is the perfect size on which the Xiaolin Showdown action figures can ride! SRP $ 9.99
• Sword of the Storm
– Fun, child sized Shen Gong Wu for kids to use in their own showdowns! Swing the sword to hear slashing storm sounds and see glowing lights!
Press the trigger to hear swirling storm sounds! SRP $ 14.99
• Golden Tiger Claw
– Fun, child sized role play toy that kids can use in their personal quests to capture the Shen Gong Wu, one showdown at a time! Incorporates fun lights and sounds! Swing the claw to hear slashing claw sound effects and see glowing lights. SRP $ 14.99
The toys will be available at stores nationwide including Toys R Us, Kmart and Target, in January 2006.
About The Betesh Group
The Betesh Group, in business for 30 years, is a family owned global consumer products organization with six distinct and growing divisions. Since its inception in 1974, the dynamic entity has grown to a stellar $ 250 million business which includes: Mitzi International
(Ladies Handbags and Accessories), Generation Company
(Backpacks, Sports and Travel Related Accessories), Motion Systems
(Computer, Audio and Video Accessories), Baby Boom (Diaper Bags, Infant Bedding and Room Décor) Funhouse (Toddler Bedding and Toddler/Tween/Teen Room Décor), and >Toy Play
(Toys, Arts and Crafts, Scrapbooking, Furniture, Tents/Tunnels/Huts, Slumber Bags and Storage Items). Headquartered in New York, The Betesh Group operates eight offices in four countries with over 800 employees worldwide.
Baby Boom, Funhouse
and Toy Play
are considered leaders in the Infant, Toddler and Kids markets, continually striving to make better products for buyers, babies, kids, and all consumers. Constantly developing and strengthening partnerships with leaders across all children’s industries, the companies are committed to world-class retail and licensing service.
Xiaolin Showdown and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.