2008 SDCC Day 2: DC Direct Panel
We are bringing you this panel live as it happens. We apologize for any spelling mistakes that might occur but will go back later and edit it. We do this because we want to make sure you are getting the information as it happens.
Keep updating your browser periodically over the next hour to see the latest updates.
James Fletcher and Jim Shoop are on the panel. They start off by giving a history of the company.
- 1998 is when DC started doing things like statues and postes. Things to support the comics and Paul Levitz saw an opportunity to bring many of their characters to market in the form of action figures.
- Spy Vs Spy action figures where their first figures released under the DCD banner in December 2008.
- Look for new smaller Batman and Superman neon signs coming.
- Statues are a big part of DCD. From comic book artisit specific ones to animated versions.
- Props is another big part of DCD.
- There is a new Classic Hal Jordan power battery being released that is made of all metal.
- In 2006 DCD revamped itself a bit with new logo and look. Batman Black And White is their longest running statue line to date.
- Heroes of the DCU will be male busts in scale with their Women of the DCU line.
- They will be doing a Christopher Reeves Superman statue.
- Comedian Gun replica from Watchmen is coming and will be on display today along with a few other Watchem products.
- DC Unlimited was born with World Of Warcraft, The Spirir and coming next year Terminator Salvation stuff.
- No more Smallville figures planned at the moment.
- History of the DCU line is coming and we might see a new "Question" figure in it.
- Huge plans for Green Lantern next summer.
- Might go to a box set model for DC Minimates.
- They are trying to work with their factories to improve the overall quality of the figures. They have heard peoples voices on the boards and taking steps to try and fix those types of problems.
- They've developed 4" prototypes to see if they could keep the detail and have considered the idea of doing that scale of figures but for now plan to stick with 6".
- Might start doing larger rings for the power battery replicas.
- They plan to re-design the DC Direct website soon and do things like polling and be more interactive with the fans.
- No Baterang prop that isn't attached to the base in the works. Basically because of safety issues.
- Might see Batman Black & White action figures, it's an idea they are considering.
- Might be a Hawkman helmet and medalion in the works. No Mace unfortunetly.
- The panel ends. Look for more DCD images from the convention floor to be added throughout the weekend.
last 10 shown - scroll to view more Member Comments
|Would someone please ask more Movie Masters questions. I’d love to hear the likelihood of getting a Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker, and Pfeiffer Catwoman, especially with older Reeve’s Superman figures being possible. Any word on whether or not we’ll get Ra’s Al Ghul/Ducard, Two-face, and more figur... read more
|I was hoping we'd see some pics of Dr. Manhattan from the Watchmen movie (both the 6"-7" figure and the 13" figure). For some reason I feel he's not going to look quite right.....but I'm hopeful.
MORE DC Comics NEWS & UPDATES
Ben Affleck Reveals 'Deathstroke', But For Which Movie?
The CW's 'Supergirl' Promotional Poster For Season Two
'Batman: Return Of The Caped Crusaders' To Premiere At NYCC
Season Promo Teasers For 'Arrow', 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl'