Mattel has put up on their site the pre-order page
for their upcoming Masters of the Universe Castle Grayskull playset which will cost $250. Here are the specific details they list along with images of the blue prints we have posted from NYCC.
Masters of the Universe Classics
Minimum order quantity: 1
Maximum order quantity: 10
Qty Coming Soon
Pre-order Starts: October 16, 2012 9 a.m. PT
Pre-order Ends: January 3, 2013 11:59 p.m. PT
Standing solitary in the desolate lands of Eternia®, the legendary Castle Grayskull® offers sanctuary for He-Man® and those who stand for all that is good. An essential component in the original Masters of the Universe® toy line, this long-awaited icon is finally available for pre-order. Whether you’re a dedicated fan of the original series or new to the Classics line, no collection will truly be complete without Castle Grayskull!
Our all-new Castle Grayskull playset is slated for a late 2013 release. Because it’s still in its very earliest stage, the final design is subject (and likely) to change. Why are we offering it for pre-order now and asking you to make a commitment when the design hasn’t been finalized? Because the production cycle for an item like this takes over a year and is extremely costly. If we don’t reach the minimum pre-order goal, we can’t go forward.
So, here’s everything we can tell you at this time. Please read carefully before you make your purchase – if we reach our production goal during the pre-order period, there will be no refunds or exchanges when the product is released.
- It’s Castle Grayskull!
- Ideally, the set will include everything shown in the “B sheet” product drawings below, but please remember these are working drawings and aren’t final yet.
- If produced, this will be the largest, most ambitious MOTUC item ever made – the dimensions are expected to be somewhere around 25”h x 26”w x 28”d (subject to change).
- The overall sculpt will be based on the original 1981 prototype, with the addition of an extra battle ledge, elongated jaw/face, a removable minaret on top of the dome and more!
- Just like the vintage toy, it will be a two-sided foldout but there will be three levels to show off your MOTUC figures (in scale with most of our 6.5” figures). The vintage set only had two levels, but we’ve added another across the top for maximum display options.
- Two secret doors – the first, a traditional door that opens out the back, and the second one, a secret brick wall that exits to the outside ledge.
- Trap door leading to the dungeon (of course) that has an opening door, plus “locks” and chains to hold one figure.
- Throne fits most 6.5” MOTUC figures – who will rule your Castle Grayskull®?
- Bat wing jet pack and training device were both cut from the vintage prototype and finally get a chance at production!
- Working elevator like the ‘81 prototype had, but we’ve added back the red skull on top that was cut. The elevator goes to all three levels, not just two levels like vintage toy.
- Real opening Jawbridge just like you remember, only cooler!
- Have Wind Raider? The playset will include an attachment so you can be ready for air-battle at a moment’s notice (and create a complete diorama).
- Secret Orb room is hidden inside the dome.
- Removable ladder to the roof leads to a blaster and the flag of Castle Grayskull®.
- Carrying handle is optional for easy transport or clean display.
- Castle Grayskull will only be produced if the minimum production goal is reached during the pre-order period.
- If production goes forward, everyone who pre-orders is guaranteed to receive a playset. Some sets will be available on MattyCollector.com after pre-orders are fulfilled, but the price will be significantly higher and you won’t be guaranteed to get one. If you want one, a pre-order is the best way to ensure you get it.
- When you place your order, the card you used will be “pre-authorized” for a zero dollar amount. This pre-authorization simply verifies that the card is valid. You will NOT be charged until the item ships, at which time you’ll be billed for the product, shipping costs, and any taxes/fees.
- Please note that because this item is so large, shipping charges will be substantially higher than items we normally sell.
- This item is scheduled for late 2013 shipment. We’ll send an email reminder about a month before the product is scheduled to ship.
- If you need to change your address or credit card information at that time, you’ll have plenty of notice.
- If this item reaches the pre-order goal, there will be NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES
, even if the design or features change. If you place a pre-order, you are committed to the purchase and will be billed when the item ships
- Should we not reach the minimum pre-order goal, your order will simply be canceled (because there’s no charge until it ships, there’s no refund needed).
One last thing… because this is a work-in-progress, features may be added or subtracted from the proposed design, but we can’t confirm anything now. We’re seriously as excited as you are by the prospect of finally having a Castle Grayskull playset and Mattel will do everything to ensure we can deliver as much value as possible!
You must be 18 or older to purchase this product.