As 2004 begins, Palisades makes minor changes to Partnership Awards
Elkridge, MD (January 5, 2003) – A few weeks back, Palisades Toys announced the recipients of its first annual Partnership Awards program; however, as 2004 begins, several minor changes have been made to the program:
• In addition to previously announced awards, Palisades has added a fourth category – Promotional Partner of the Year.
The 2003 Promotional Partner of the Year – Wizard Entertainment
“Our relationship with Wizard,” says Palisades President & CEO Michael Horn, “embodies everything that a business partnership should. Whether it’s editorial coverage in their magazines, or support at the Wizard World Shows, the Wizard team never fails to look out for Palisades’ needs.”
”Toyfare is the premier magazine in the toy industry,” says Marketing Manager Travis Allen, “and we are fortunate to have such a great symbiotic relationship with the whole Wizard team. They are truly our most valuable promotional partner.”
• Additionally, a third recipient has been added in the category of International Partner of the Year.
International Partner of the Year – Croftminster (Australia)
“Croftminster has been a Palisades distributor for some time,” says Horn, “And they have never been anything but a pleasure to deal with. Not only have their orders have increased consistently, but more importantly, they keep the lines of communication open between our two companies. That’s extremely important in what we do.”
• The final modification to the Partnership Awards Program is that the awards – the engraved plaques and letters of appreciation – will be hand-delivered to each of the six recipients at Toy Fair in February, rather than mailed out before the end of the year.
Says Horn, “Our partners are so vital to our business, and we felt that it would be more appropriate to have an actual award presentation, rather than to send these awards through the mail. We are taking these awards very seriously, and we want to express our gratitude in a suitable fashion.”
The six recipients of the first annual Palisades Partnership Awards are:
• Licensor Partner of the Year – The Jim Henson Company
• Retail Partner of the Year – Musicland Group, Inc.
• International Partner(s) of the Year - Gear For Games (UK), Croftminster (Australia), and Blister Direct (Japan)
• Promotional Partner of the Year – Wizard Entertainment
ABOUT PALISADES TOYS
Palisades Marketing, LLC (“Palisades Toys”) designs, manufactures, and markets a variety of collectable toy products worldwide through sales to retailers and directly to consumers. Palisades Toys believes its products are among the most highly detailed and collectable action figures, PolyStone statues, PolyStone mini busts in the world. Formed in 1994, Palisades’ products are sold throughout the world at various retail outlets including Toys "R" Us, K•B Toys, Target, Electronics Boutique, Tower Records, Media Play, Sam Goody, Suncoast Video, Amazon.com and a variety of domestic and international comic shops and specialty retailer stores. Palisades Toys’ current product portfolio includes The Muppets, Alien, Predator, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Ren & Stimpy, Army of Darkness, Pink Panther, and others. Further information on this and all other Palisades Toys products is available via our company website at: www.PalisadesToys.com.