Click on image to see gallery
Entering its fourth year since its re-launch, the longevity and strength of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles continues to be a captivating force. The shelled green team is ready to rock 2006 with a new TV series, new toys, a brand new look and also a new feature film to debut in 2007.
This fall, get ready to fast-forward 99 years and meet the Turtles of the future with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward. Brought to the future by Cody Jones, the grandson of Casey Jones and April O’Neil, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael are forced to adapt to a whole new world – without their home, junk food or Shredder. On the show and on the shelf, the fearless foursome will be sporting a new futuristic look, carrying new weapons and using new vehicles and communication devices to help them fight new evil villains. Playmates Toys’ comprehensive line based on the new “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward” series includes over a dozen basic figures, an assortment of vehicles, role-play gear and much more. The lighter and funnier-than-ever series “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward” is set to bow 26 stand-alone episodes in September 2006 on 4KidsTV™, 4Kids Entertainment’s Saturday morning programming block on Fox and on the Cartoon Network. Playmates’ toy line will arrive on shelves in July.
Poised to drive even greater awareness and excitement, the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CGI animated movie is scheduled to hit the silver screen in March 2007. Produced by Imagi Animation Studios and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures in the United States and The Weinstein Company internationally, the CGI animated feature will derive its tone from the original comic book series and be slightly grittier than the previous three live-action movies. 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: KDE) will handle exclusive worldwide merchandising rights while Playmates will develop a brand new toy line based on the film. In addition, Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, holds the exclusive worldwide license agreement to develop and publish the video game based on the film.
Highlights of Playmates’ toy line based on the new “Fast Forward” series, which will be showcased to retailers at February Toy Fair in New York, include:
• 16 new basic figures feature new color identification, futuristic weapons and a wrist gauntlet. For the first time, these figures are scaled to true Turtle size.
• Figures include all four turtles, three new friends (Splinter, Cody and Serling) and nine new villains (Sh’okanabo, Jammerhead, Torbin Zixx, Inuwashi Gunjin, Viral and four Dark Turtles).
• Suggested retail price for each figure is $5.99.
Triple Strike Figures
• For the first time ever, Raphael, Michelangelo, Leonardo and Donatello can throw their weapons with rapid-fire action when their legs are squeezed together.
• Each figure comes with three weapons and three retractable villain targets.
• Suggested retail price is $9.99.
• Big Wheel
o This iconic vehicle from the show also comes with either a Leonardo or Michelangelo action figure.
o The outer and inner wheels spin independently of one another and can fire two projectile missiles.
o Suggested retail price is $14.99.
• Shell Speeder
o As seen in the series, this cool vehicle transforms from cycle to hover mode and also fires two projectile missiles.
o Comes with either a Donatello or Raphael detachable figure and retails for $14.99.
• Hyper Shell
o Large in scope, all four turtles can fit into this vehicle that is an icon on the new show.
o Two firing projectiles, the “pop-up” turret and gun can be activated at the press of a button.
o Suggested retail price is $19.99.
• Hover HQ
o This battle-station playset includes: stand alone flying and rolling battleship, missile launcher on top of the tower that shoots three different projectiles and a barrel “booby trap.”
o Combines with the Hyper Shell to form the Hover Shell – the ultimate Turtle
vehicle used on “Fast Forward.”
o Suggested retail price is $39.99.
Ninja Tek Gear
– A role-play set with a brand new look. Items include a ninja belt with futuristic buckle, bandana, gauntlet, new futuristic weapon and throwing star. Available in styles for the four turtles, the gear is priced at $9.99.
Turtle Gauntlet Blaster
– A favorite of the Turtles, this rapid-fire weapon comes with a manual Ninja disc launcher that includes seven interchangeable discs. The flip-up screen projects light and sound effects and the arm strap allows kids to stay mobile with the toy. Suggested retail price is $14.99.
– These light and sounds weapons reflect the Turtles’ new futuristic style. Lighting up in each Turtle’s signature color, kids can choose their favorite: Michelangelo’s Nunchakus, Leonardo’s Katanas, Raphael’s Sais or Donatello’s Bo Staff. Suggested retail price is $17.99.
This fall, Playmates Toys will also introduce two new toys inspired by the current Paleo Patrol storyline:
• Paleo Attack Crawler
o This motorized crawler can walk forward and backward as it whips its tail while moving.
o Containing four spring-loaded projectiles, it also comes with either a Donatello or Leonardo figure.
o Suggested retail price is $19.99.
• Paleo Capture Crawler
o This motorized crawler with walking action has snapping claws and a four
projectile missile launcher.
o Includes special Michelangelo or Raphael figure and retails for $19.99.
For images of Playmates's TMNT toys shown at the 2006 International Toy Fair, Click here