The TNI Readers Have Spoken, Did Mattel's MattyCollector Make The Grade?!?!
: Jay Cochran - 2009.07.21
Earlier this month, you graded Mattel on the performance of their online retail/collector site Mattycollector.com
. We asked you to consider the following factors:
a. Product availability – Were you able to get the figure(s) you wanted?
b. Customer Service – Did you get your figure(s) in a timely manner without any mishaps? If there were any problems, how helpful were the people at Mattel/Mattycollector.com in resolving those issues?
c. Customer Satisfaction - Were you happy with your purchase (meaning once you got the figure(s), were you happy with it)?
The results have been totaled, and the grade is in. Although many of you marked Mattel down for product availability and shopping cart functionality, the overall grade was a B- (3.6)
. Not bad, but definitely some room for improvement. Here are just a few of the things you all had to say:
- “I give them a B only because the servers go down every time you try and order a new item. Other than that I have been very satisfied with the shipping and quality of the item.”
– “I'd rate them at a "B". I say "B" only because of the difficulty dealing with the website's High Traffic issues on MOTUC release days. The website runs slow, and I typically spend 15 - 25 minutes trying to place my orders. It's kind of nerve-racking worrying about being able to get your order placed in time, before the figures sell out.”
– “The overall grade I give them is a D. The product is an A but I'd rate the experience an F. I am very unhappy, granted I got most of what I wanted but I was on their website 10 minutes before Hordak was listed and still had to refresh the site for over an HOUR clicking every few minutes or even seconds sometimes trying to log onto the over jammed server which I was never able to do. Therefore I had to pay a scalper double the price for Hordak only minutes after it was listed as sold out on the Mattel website. It was not because I wasn't on time but because I could not log onto the site even though we were told this problem with the servers would not happen again after they experienced similar problems when the Merman figure went on sale the month before. This is unforgivable in my book and I will enjoy Hordak a lot less.”
– “A+. Great quality package & fast shipping.”
– "Overall grade is a C-. While I enjoy the look of the figures, I am very disappointed in how things work in their online store. The first day it was up was filled with error. My card was posted with a pending transaction like everyone else. I talked to customer service but to no avail. No King Greyskull. Oh well. I think that their all or nothing subscription is a bit off. Maybe I want only villains, but hey, when you subscribe to a magazine you can't pick and choose the months that you get it. Then there is the larger order limit. Yet another way to sell out faster. The company under estimated the popularity of their product from day one and now they under estimate the volume of people scalping to make that extra buck. I do like the idea of re-printing figures and giving them a different look or item."
to read more reader input – if you haven’t read through it already, we encourage you to do so, including those at Mattel.
Congratulations to ENI readers Demonsight
, winners of the MOTU Classic Hordak figures given away as part of this survey. Thanks to everyone who took the time to share your thoughts.
last 10 shown - scroll to view more Member Comments
|[i]Spclud199 – “A+. Great quality package & fast shipping.”[/i]
|I'm surprised the average grade was that high. It seemed like the grades were lower. I gave them an A- or something I think.
|It's a shame my last order only got messed up because my Hordaks were packed ''upside down.'' So all the packaging was ruined.
MORE Mattel NEWS & UPDATES
LA’s Ultimate Pop Culture Experience to Host Celebrities, Exclusives, Reunions, Gaming, Shopping and More