Here is a round-up of the Mattel Q&A's from around the Internet for December 1, 2009.
We missed the deadline to get our own questions in for this round and have already sent in question to be answered for December 15, 2009 but we are currently taking questions for the January 1, 2010 round. We can only send in 5 questions per round but if you would like to ask a question for us to possibly send in to Mattel about any of their DC, MOTUC, Ghostbusters, WWE, and Avatar line you can post it HERE
1) Now that Evil Lyn has been confirmed as the Club Eternia April figure, will she include tons of packed in accessories like Teela and will she have interchangeable heads as well?
Mattel: That remains to be announced!
2) Aside from the Evil Lyn announcement, will Matty be revealing any other Club Eternia 2010 figure before Toy Fair?
Mattel: Likely yes, but we can’t confirm quite yet.
3) Is there any chance that next year’s MOTUC release schedule may include a Snakeman or two?
Mattel: We need to wait to see how the bonus figures do before announcing any more 2010 figures, but we are eager to get to the Snake Men!
4) The MOTUC King Randor figure looks great but it has absolutely no 200X influence in it’s design. Is there a possibility we may get a 200X-styled Randor in the near future?
Mattel: Yes, we could get to a 200X version of Randor in time (in the classics style mind you).
5) Will the Bonus Wun-Dar figure come in the traditional blister card package as the rest of the line and will the Eternia map be inserted in the toy package as well?
Mattel: Wun-Dar will come on a traditional card with bio and cross sell to fit perfectly in your mint on card collection. The poster will be packed out separately but shipped together.
Super Hero Times
1) Aside from master cases which contain all the DCUC figures for a particular assortment, will we also be able to purchase individual figures on mattycollector.com?
Mattycollector.com will sell figures by the case pack internationally and domestically starting with Wave 11. Mattelshop.com will sell figures starting with Wave open stock, but only domestically.
2) The Green Lantern construct accessories was a great idea. Could there possibly a future release of Hal Jordan which will include his very own constructs?
Always a possibility, but nothing to announce quite yet.
3) Are there any plans to release more villains in their iconic Legion of Doom look from the Super Friends animated series?
Sure, but nothing to announce yet. Stay tuned!
4) Based on the recent sales of the Ghostbusters merchandise, is it safe to say that an in-scale Ecto 1 may be a possibility in 2010?
Not for the 6" line at this time. That might need to wait for a movie year.
5) Are there any other 2-packs for DCUC on tap for 2010 or are this year’s releases the last we will see on mattycollector.com?
There will be more 2 packs for 2010, but not for Mattycollector.com. There was just not enough interest from fans to keep this line going on Mattycollector.com. We will look at doing more DCUC figures online, but not in exclusive two packs.
1. It is great to see the Metal Men getting started in DCUC 12 with Iron. Since, hopefully, you plan on adding more of the Metal Men to future line-ups do you plan on using different base bodies for each member? One thing that is very distinct about that team is that Iron, Mercury, Lead and Gold have very different body types.
Yes, our goal is to be as accurate to the look of each Metal Man (or Woman) as possible. They won’t all use the same base buck.
2. You recently posted on your Face Book page that you have gotten early samples in for the MOTUC Mossman figure. While you said the flocking was not quite the right color, what about the application itself? Did the partial flocking work out well so he is still “mossy” but his articulation is not inhibited?
Yes, he still has Moss covering 80-90% of his body. The areas we could not flock include the shoulders, knees and elbow joints.
3. Just as the New Gods seem to be going on break after series 12, there seems to be a surge in online interest for more of these characters. Does Matty have plans to returning to this fantastic corner of the DCU in the near future? There are LOTS of cool characters yet to make into action figures.
Absolutely. We are huge fans of the New Gods (as are the Horsemen) we just want to make sure and cover other characters in the DCU as well before coming back to more New Gods.
4. I think it is safe to say that the reaction to Adora’s skirt/bodysuit piece (the portion below the belt, covering the hips) has been mixed. Many fans feel it is too fat and clunky, as you looking at ways to make it look more streamlined and feminine for future figures like Glimmer?
We went right to the Four Horsemen for this one:
“We will definitely try and push things in that direction. The biggest issue at this point is that if the bodysuit is cut too much higher, the unsightly (yet functional) articulation will show through. When we designed the female base figure we had to make something that would work on as many characters as possible. The design as is may fit some characters a little better than others. In the future if there is room for additional tooling things may change, but until then we will try and address this issue as best we can.”
5. Matty, you have started to make members of the Green Lanterns and the Sinestro Corps, which Lantern Corps would you like to take next – Blue, Orange, Red, Indigo or Star Sapphires?
We want to do all of the Lanterns, including Black. We are forming plans now for how to bring them to the line, possibly as early as Spring 2011.