In order to make it easier for you to check out all the different Mattel Q&A's that are posted around the Internet, we have gathered up all the questions with links to the actual sites where you can easily go to and see the answers.
Here is the round-up for February 1st batch of questions. Click here
to check out the TNI ones.
1) You have stated that the accessories displayed at the MOTU art show belong to 4 of the upcoming figures in the line. Are those figures the ones slated for release right after Optik or will they be spread out through the year?
2) Given all the production issues that you faced with flocking the Moss Man figure, do you foresee having similar problems with Panthor when you decide to release him?
3) You have hinted that one of the two upcoming MOTUC Comic-Con exclusives will be a celebrity figure. Does this mean it could be a movie-based release?
4) Will both SDCC Masters of The Universe figures be packaged individually or will it be a 2-pack?
5) Is there any possibility of seeing any animated Ghostbusters this year?
1) Has a sale date been established for the DCUC Wave 12 box set on Mattycollector.com?
2) Can you offer any hints on what this year's DCUC Comic-Con exclusive will be?
3) Is there any possibility collectors may see any new SKUs like play sets or vehicles added to the DC Universe Classics line this year?
4) Will there be any additional DCUC products shown at Toy Fair aside from wave 14?
5) Wave 11 of DC Universe is fantastic but they seem to have the same problematic neck joint which constraints the head movement. Has this issue been corrected with wave 12or will we have to wait until the Trigon wave is released for a fix?
Kastor: Can you explain to fans why a process of flocking and why different type of flocking was used on Mossman. The SDCC version was a deeper green and looked more like moss, whereas the final version is more a yellow green and fuzzy.
Kastor: Can you give fans an idea on the type of deco change King Grayskull will have?
Kastor: Will the completion of Super Power versions of characters end with the wave 3 card back of the original line, or are versions of the fourth wave of figures and concepts in the cards for the DCUC line?
Kastor: Are there any plans for display backgrounds for the Retro Action DC Super Heroes line, like the old Mego cardboard ones?
Kastor: Can you give JLU fans any "hints" on upcoming characters besides "Wait till Toyfair"?
1. Now that Adora has sold out in a matter of minutes, are you convinced that more PoP characters are needed? Can they be considered strong , viable characters that deserve several yearly slots? We need Glimmer, Frosta, Catra and the rest!
2. DCUC Iron is a fantastic figure. When you get to the rest of the Metal Men do you have plans on using different base bodies for the likes of Gold, Mercury, Tin, Platinum and Lead? Lead would have to be a new buck, right?
3. When can we expect new Ghostbusters news? Slimed Peter is the last figure announced for May, when can we expect more news?
4. Matty, now that you have a carded sample of Moss Man in you hands, how does he smell? Piney?
5. The DCUC 13 Superboy figure was shown in an inaccurate costume – his costume is supposed to have black around the neck line, not blue. Will this be changed prior to his release? When is that scheduled to be again?
1. SilntAngl asks: Has Mattel given any thought to selling the Super Powers version of the DCUC stand in packs on MattyCollector? They look sharp packaged with the upcoming SP figures, but I can think of around thirty other figures that would look great on those stands!
2. Mr. Rant asks: How tall is the collect & connect Trigon?
3. Manekochan asks: What other DCSH figures would you like to see upscaled into DCUC Collect & Connects besides Darkseid?
4. Vault asks: We know that the Green Lantern movie line is a ways away but is there anything you can share about early plans now? Is Mattel thinking big with a multiple scale onslaught or a more tailored (possibly DCUC compatible) line?
5. Noisy asks: Of all the figures released so far, Gentlemen Ghost is easily on of the hardest to obtain. Many collectors are still without a complete Giganta almost a year after she was first released. Does Mattel look at secondhand prices or fan feedback when choosing WGSH? Can Gentlemen Ghost expect to see reissue? Or perhaps short-haired Aquaman, another difficult figure that hasn’t seen a reissue in two years.
1) With Battlecat and He-Man having the Classics treatment, would you consider doing a Mattycollector.com 2 Pack with them?
2) With Adora selling out in record time, will Mattel consider adding more POP characters for 2010?
3) Would it be possible for you to sell the Wal-Mart or Target Exclusives on Mattycollector.com, or would it infringe on your agreement with them?
4) With the 75th anniversary of DC Comics, can we expect to see a lot more from Mattel for the celebration? Any hints?
5) Would the Black Lantern character been something Mattel would NOT want to produce, due to the graphic nature of them?
1) Since we've seen Cars repackaged with shifting eyes and color changing bodies, does this mean we've seen the end of new characters?
2) With all the issues you've had with the MOTUC 2009 subscription, what can you say to people who for the first time purchased a 2010 subscription, and are fearful about somehow being forgotten in the coming sellouts?
3) Adora sold out fast! How does Mattel view this in regards to seeing more PoP figures in MOTUC down the road?
4) Optikk looks great! But, there seems to be quite a bit of negativity surrounding the first NA figure hitting the MOTUC line. Is Mattel taking note of this, and if so, do we have to worry about this affecting future NA characters getting a release?
5) Will we see the new Retro Styled figures only with the DC property, or is there a chance of other Mattel brands falling under that banner? It's be great to see a Mego-style/Retro-style Skeletor!
1. We’ve heard of a lot of collectors getting the DC Universe Classics wave 11 Deadman variant in their shipments from online retailers, including MattyCollector.com (who had said that was the only figure not included in their sets). Were the production ratios off?
2. With the enduring popularity of James Cameron’s Avatar, are there plans for any additional waves of toys?
3. I think a lot of people would be interested in how you determine how many of each particular Masters of the Universe Classics character to make, especially where past sales may not necessarily be related. For example, Adora is the first Princess of Power character, so what helped you figure out how many more to make beyond the subscription? Did you think it should have been a higher number? How far ahead of the sales date do you have to tell the factories the quantity to make?
4. It looks like the Castle Grayskull Diorama & Stands on sale next month will fit together side to side – will they also work fit together front to back? Will each of the five stands in the pack come with multiple wall sections, or will the same wall piece come with each of the stands?
5. This is the last Q&A before Toy Fair. Can you tease us with obscure hints on what we might be seeing for each of the collector lines?
Q1. Now that we’ve seen the perch for Screeech that’s packed with Evil-Lyn, any chance of getting a bundle of those for us to use with the already released Jayna, Beast Boy and Zoar?
Q2. For the Retro Action line… Are female characters being considered? Will there be a SDCC exclusive for this line? Is Captain Marvel a possibility? I know he sometimes has licensing issues…Thanks! and love this new line! Green Arrow is fantastic!
Q3. Will you reissue the JLU Batman Beyond, Cheetah 3 pks in 2010 ALOT of us have never seen these in Targets. How about the matty collector 4 packs will they be reissued in general release?
Q4. RE: Mattycollector, A "LOW STOCK LEFT" notification would be nice on ANY items that are selling through. JLU 4-packs most especially! Is this a service that can be provided from this point forward?
Q5. I know there has been a lot of "concern" regarding the last few Matty collector 4 packs. You had stated you made less with each run up to the Doom Patrol. Will you follow this pattern with the Justice Guild 4 pack ? Or will you produce more than the Doom Patrol?
BZZURKK - Will there be a SDCC exclusive for the Retro line this year?
BZZURKK - Can we expect to see figures based upon the movie version of Jonah Hex this year or is the film to PG-13 for Mattel to deal with?
BZZURKK - Can we expect products from the new DC Showcase cartoon?
BZZURKK - Will we ever get DCUC wave 5 product again? Maybe via MattyCollector’s store?
BZZURKK – Why are the prices skyrocketing for DCUC in stores. Wal-Mart has them for 14.99 and some have even seen them for 25.99 a piece at a Toys R’Us…
1) He-Man fans got a nice surprise at the recent art show. A new figure was on display as well as some accessories of upcoming figures. Care to tell us some upcoming DC Universe Classics accessories? :)
2) The two newest Justice League 6-packs came out very close to this past Christmas, similar to 2008, and thus many fans were not able to find the new 6 packs before Target started clearancing them out. Will these figures be available again in the near future?
3) Some collectors received the variant Deadman in their DC Universe Classics Series 11 orders from Mattycollector.com when the site states that he is not included. When Series 12 goes up for sale, will the variant Spectre also be randomly shipped or was the Deadman variant shipping to buyers a one time thing?
4) You have recently been selling the DC Super Friends Robin and Hawkman. But there was also a Joker that we had been shown before. Is this figure in the pipeline for Mattycollector.com?
5) The Bonus Masters of the Universe figures are not included in the subscription. Is it possible for a second subscription service to be offered just for the Bonus figures?
1.) Mario asks: Will a new retail or MattyCollector toy line be revealed at NYTF?
2.) Novelty asks: Does Mattel still have the original recipe to the slime from Slime Pit?
3.) Rusty Shackleford asks: Fans have expressed interest in getting more characters from Batman Beyond in DCUC. Any chance of this?
4.) Rich asks: Could I suggest a two-pack idea along these lines that could save you some tooling costs? A Dick Grayson Robin with a Super Powers repaint Penguin (you know, blue tails and rainbow umbrella…) and the robot penguin we’ve seen in prototype.
5.) Thomas asks: Will we ever see the all-gold modern version of Dr. Fate?
If you don't see your site listed and have a Mattel Q&A Round posted and would like to see your site added to our Round-Up, just shoot us an email at Questions@Enewsi.com. The next round of questions for Mattel are due in by Februar 1, 2010 with answers due back by February 15, 2010. If you would like to send in a question to possibly be chosen for the next round, CLICK HERE.