2008 JoeCon: Hasbro Marketing: 2008 Mainline Projects
Here are the highlights from today's Hasbro panel at the G.I.Joe Convention.
- Tomorrow they will unveil something big for the Spring 2009. Something you thought you would never seen.
- Hasbro thanks you for your loyalty to the 25th Anniversary line.
- They (Hasbro) are all fans to; they read the boards and your questions.
- Big questions???? Will Hasbro release the last of the original 13 before the movie? YES.
- Where is Quick Kick? He is here.
- Large vehicles, will they do them? Can't promise a Flagg or Terrordrome, but there will be some large ones on the way.
- What happens to the 25th Anniversary Line in 2009?
- Not much new for the movie will be shown at this convention, but it will be awesome. Filming is complete!
- The movie will be an origin type story. We will see things like the origin of Cobra Commander and lots of ninja action From Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow. According to Hasbro the movie will rock.
- Movie toys will be 3 3/4" scale with many familiar characters that have new looks.
- In 2008 Duke (Tiger Force) will be coming out. He will have fixed arms.
- Mercenary Wraith from the DDP comic book series is coming. There will also be a transparent variant figure.
- Mutt and Junkyard, Cobra Para-Viper and Croc Master are on the way as well.
- The Pyramid of Darkness DVD set will come with Major Bludd, Quick Kick, Cobra Commander and Snake-Eyes. The Arise Serpentor Arise DVD set will come with Dusty, Classic Serpentor, a B.A.T. and a skeleton figure.
- For 12" figures we will see Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow and Torpedo. Also Look for Duke, Cobra Commander and Beach Head.
- Also on tap for 2008 will be the new Combat Heroes 2-packs. Look for Snake-Eyes/Zartan and Bazooka/Firefly.
- If a Terrordrome were to be made then the Firebat would be able to fit in it according to Hasbro.
- The line that we know today as the 25th Anniversary will be put on hold while the movie toys come out. We will continue to see characters that are familiar in the same sculpting style as the current line but with more of a movie look. We may however see some exclusives and such during that period with a more classic feel.
- EA is working on a G.I.Joe movie video game. EA is working very closely with Hasbro on it. They are taking some of the storylines and putting them in the game but it's not like you have to go watch the movie and then play the movie. No word if its a first person shooter yet or not.
MORE GI Joe Convention 2008 NEWS & UPDATES
Two Characters For Arrow's Season Seven Revealed