2009 SDCC: Live Hasbro: G.I. Joe Panel
: Outsiders - 2009.07.23
Coming up in just minutes will be the live panel with the Hasbro: G.I. Joe— Design and marketing teams—Aaron Archer and Michelino Paolino (Hasbro Design), and Jeff Labovitz (Hasbro Marketing). They will be discuss the upcoming release of the G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra movie, the new toy line hitting shelves, the new video game, and much more!
You don't want to miss this and we are covering it live so keep it here and keep refreshing your browser for up to the minute news and information!
Figure And Vehicle Information
* Carded Figures: Charbroil, Night Adder, Nano Viper, Red Fang Ninja, Kamakura
* Alpha Vehicles: Sharc with Icestorm, Lava Pod with Volcano Viper, TigerClaw with Leathernec
* Bravo Vehicles: Dragonhawk HX1 with Wild Bill, Crimson Hydra with Aero Viper
* Desert Troop Builder Set: Dial-Tone, Law & Order, Zartan in Disguise, Footloose, Repeater
* Attack On the PIT 5 Pack
* Ninja Face-Off: Storm Shadow & Snake Eyes with Ninja Battles Dojo and TONS of Gear
* Target Exclusives: Grand Slam With Glider, Air Viper Commando with C.L.A.W., Cobra EEL with Wave Crusher, Snake Eyes with Cycle, R.H.I.N.O.
* WalMart Exclusives: Battle Stations: L.A.W., Outpost Defender and Cobra MMS (Heat Missile)
Video Game Information
* Bryan Reed wrote the script for the game
* 12 G.I. Joe Players
* Unlockable for 4 characters
* Cobra characters
* You can play Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes at the same time but they will alter during the game and during a Yo Joe! moment
* Storm Shadow will say "Cobra!"
* Environments inspired by the movie and classic game designed for co-op
* If you play by yourself, you can an AI and you can toggle your AI friend
* Accelerator suit in a power-up in the game
* Bonus content loaded with goodies, extras, and special unlockables taken througouth the G.I. Joe universe
* Scores are converted to battlepoints as economy to unlock new items
* 75 diff filecars scattered throughout the game
* Unlock new characters
* Unlock classic PSAs
* Concept artwork galleries
* Special unlocks for classic characters
* movie version Scarlett, and classic created Special Agent Helix
* Toy and comic being made
* sneak preview of Helix shown
* One-minute trailer now for DS
* DS game is not a port
last 10 shown - scroll to view more Member Comments
|Bryan Reed as in Marvel Comics/Ms. Marvel? Well, there goes all hope for the game.
Due to technical difficulties we could not update the panel live as planned. We will have the complete panel posted as soon as possible.
The following is the end of the panel as Hasbro was discussing the new G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra video game.
MORE SDCC NEWS & UPDATES
09:33 PM - 2009.07.29
01:10 PM - 2009.07.28
11:28 PM - 2009.07.27
04:49 PM - 2009.07.26
09:09 AM - 2009.07.26
02:49 PM - 2009.07.25
05:58 PM - 2009.07.24
05:46 PM - 2009.07.24
05:19 PM - 2009.07.24
03:55 PM - 2009.07.24