2011 SDCC Day 2: Mattel and DC Comics: A Heroic Partnership Panel
You've been a fan of Mattel's popular DC toy lines, now find out the latest news, sneak peaks, and behind-the-scenes scoop on your favorite Mattel/DC action figures, including DC Universe Classics, Young Justice, Action League, and more. Plus, get an exciting look at new 2012 products. Join Mattel toy designers Bill Benecke and Mike Guarniere, as well as brand managers Danielle McLachlan and Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich, along with The Four Horsemen and surprise guests from DC Comics and Warner Brothers for an insightful Q&A.
We are covering this panel live so be sure to update your browser often over the course of the next hour.
We had some technical problems but images and descriptions from the panel have been uploaded in our GALLERY below so check them all out for DCU, MOTU, Voltron and Ghostbusters.
Joker Tank coming from Imaginext. A Gotham Jail playset is coming to with Bane.
- Little People DC figures from Fisher Price is coming.
- Green Lantern with Retro action figures. Kyle is still coming, they had to fix the ring.
- Ultimate Electronic Movie Masters Hal will be sold on Mattycollector this fall.
- Batman Brave & The Bold will continue through 2012.
- Batman Legacy Batman with Batmite will be available at Kmart and there will be a 2-pack with Robin and a FREE Batman figure at TRU with when you buy the game the classic Batman TV series uniform that will have a code to allow you unlock the costume in the game.
- Mattel has signed a deal with Diamond to dist DC figures in Europe.
- Wave 20 Green Arrow, Reverse Flash, Hawk & Dove, Red and more.
- Wave 20 will be the final wave at retail and and they will go on sale at Matty. There will be product at retail still but not the fan favorites. See coming panel slides for more details on these.
- JLU will only continue if the ones out sell well.
- Images from Panel added. Be sure to check out for more details on DCUC products.
- Batman Legacy will continue past the 2 waves.
- Nothing to announced on a GL Animated series yet but likely at NYCC we will hear more on the future of Mattel's Green Lantern plans for both movie and cartoon.
- Again 6" figures totally aren't disappearing from retail but from the sound of it the more obscure characters will be sold online through MattyCollector and their new DCUC subscription service however things are still being ironed out so nothing is really set in stone at this point other than the figures announced today for the subscription service will only be available online.
- Oversize figures will be offered in the DC subscription service like with MOTU and the ones sold this year will be $30 figures.
- No Batmobile planned for the Legacy Line right now.
- Young Justice Hall Of Justice is around 20 ft.
Panel ends. Check back to TNI soon for new images of DC product from their booth.
MORE 2010 San Diego Comic Con NEWS & UPDATES
From San Diego Comic Con.