2012 will mark the 30th anniversary of the Masters of the Universe toy line and do we have some great collectable toys in store! We will be revealing the latest info on Mattel's Masters of the Universe Classics line including sneak peaks, a look at the new 2012 Mini Comics and updates on our Create-a-Character contest. The panel includes a live Q & A with Mattel brand manager Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich and special guests The Four Horsemen.
We are bringing you coverage of this panel live so be sure to refresh your browser often over the course of the next hour.
- Many of the figures to be revealed here where just finished yesterday.
- Toy Guru is conducting the panel.
- Chris and Eric of the Four Horsemen are on panel
- Icarius goes on sale on Monday. Nerf owns the name Flipshot which is one reason why they went with the Icarius name.
- November Snout Spout will go on sale. Subscribers will also get a sticker sheet. She-Ra 2.0 also goes on sale in November and you can mix and match parts like putting the head of the first She-Ra on it. 2.0 corrects many problems with their female figures like 2 piece at the waist. Its shorter and can sit on. Swiftwind. Head doesn't have a hole in it to hold the tiara. The new Evil Lynn still uses the old body by female figures from this point on should use the new body.
Swiftwind also comes in November
December sees Demo-Man. Skeletor also goes on sale the same day as Demo.
Battleground Evil-Lynn and Windraider also go on sale in December. The details on the cockpit are sculpted in, no stickers and the Windraider also has a stand. Costs $45. The Wench works on the hood.
Some stuff can't be included in the Subscription stuff because they are required to reveal everything at the time you sign-up and for something they need creative freedom.
January 2012 will see the Sorceress. The figure has full articulation and is not limited by the wings.
- Fearless Photog and the Star Sisters 3 pack for $60 will be releaced.
- February will see Fisto and the figure has ab articulation but the chest armor covers it. You will get some movement in the chest. They wanted to stay true to the original look. The headpiece on the alternate head is from the 200x line.
- March will see Kobra Kahn.
- Also get Draego-Man. Only will have the flaming sword. The flaming whip and shield will likely get released with a future figure.
- March will also see Thunder Punch He-Man. The backpack is hinged just like the original.
- The shield will likely be vac-metalized.
- 2012 Subscription figure is Shadow Weaver.
- Subscription Map is pre-Eternia.
- April will see Stinkor. Tanks are removable. He will smell. Removable gas mask, the dial next to his neck is removable and has alternate heads.
- Aprill will see the $30 Griffin. The wing color will be changed so it's more integrated with the rest of the figure.
- April will see Snake-Mountain stands, 5 to a pack.
- May sees Slushhead. You can add water to the bubble.
- The Mighty Spector is Club Eternia figure for May. Has a whip.
- Temple of Darkness Sorcess, Available at US Regional shows and some German conventions. Will not be at SDCC.
- June 2012 Snake Man-At-Arms. Comes with the ring we've seen. Comes with 200x colors and alternate head. The ring may be in diecast.
- June Monthly will be Horde Prime.
- Helmet is removable but u wont see it till you buy it. It will have a alternate head which they show.
- Images added below.
- A SDCC costume contest will be held by Mattel.
- Fan choice poll slots will be announced at SDCC. You will have to be a subscriber to vote.
- A movie is still in the works with Sony.
- Back to the Future replicas will be coming from Mattel. Look for an announcement in a few months.
- A new Ghostbusters movie would actually need to be released to see a Ecto-1 toy made.
- The same goes for a new Castle Greyskull playset. It would need a movie backing it for them to be able to do it.
- In hypothetical world they might do a really detailed version to be sold online and a less detailed one sold at mass-retail. That way the mass-retail version would help pay for the detailed one, again this would only be remotely possible in a movie year.
- They could only do the three figures that appeared in the original vintage line from the 87 movie for the Classics line.
- A Flocked Panthor may be released eventually.
- Could a Battle-Ram be in the works???
- Panel ends. Stay tuned for more booth images from Mattel.