2012 G.I.Joe Convention: Behind the Scenes of G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Hasbro Panel
We are working with TheTerrorDrome.com
to bring you coverage of the Behind the Scenes of G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Hasbro panel going on now at the G.I.Joe Convention in New Orleans. Be sure to refresh your browser periodically for the latest updates.
- On the panel - Logan Lubera and Joe From Hasbro Marketing.
- They wanted a more realistic look for the toys and less fantasy look
- Logan Lubera designed the Battle Kata weapons system used in the film as well as the toy line
- The Rock is a huge Joe Fan.
- Terry Crewes auditioned for a role in the movie.
- Each character for both Cobra and Joe has three own signature weapon.
- Jinx was originally going to wear a red outfit but they were afraid she would blend in to much with the other Red Ninja's so they changed it to yellow.
- Jinx' mountain combat uniform is based on Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon.
- A lot went into the designs for each character.
- Hasbro "Retaliation" Panel: showing design evolution of characters, including Cobra Commander and Roadblock.
- The plan for Firefly was to make him the Boba Fett of the G.I.Joe Universe.
- Snake-Eye's outfit was made to be more flexible for this movie. Ray Park wanted something easier to work in.
- Q&A but they won't take questions about the delay of the movie.
- They really wanted it to be THE GI Joe movie and they feel the accomplished that.
- There will be plenty of Easter Eggs, vehicles, character and more Cobra troops that we haven't seen yet. Flint will be in the movie a lot more than what we have seen in the trailers.
- Bruce Willis did a lot of ad-libing for the movie.
- Early toys were based on conceptual drawings. Toys released later on will be more movie based.
- All products including wave 1 will be shipping in 2013.