Action figures, statues, busts, PVC figures . . . DC Collectibles has them all-and more. The DC Collectibles crew, including DCE chief creative officer Geoff Johns, executive director for creative services Kevin Kiniry, director of creative services Jim Fletcher, DCE co-publisher Jim Lee, artist Amanda Conner, and sculptors Jean St. Jean and Phil Ramirez explain how they come up with so many great products and what's coming up from comics' top makers of awesome collectibles.
We are bringing you live coverage of this panel so be sure to update your browser often over the course of the next hour.
- Introductions are made.
- Jim Lee was asked how big Darkseid figure should be and he said 2 Aquaman's high
- We Can Be Heroes is to help fight famine in Africa. Cyborg will have some different parts.
- Look for more Arkham City figures to come in 2013.
- Swamp-Thing and Cyborg coud make an appearance in their MAD line.
- Good chance they will make the Green Lantern Oa playset on display here at SDCC for their 3.75" figures.
- Arrow products coming in 2013 and well as product for the Man of Steel products. Look for Man of Steel movie.
- There is a new line like Amie line only different.
- A Pandora figure is coming.
Will we ever see DC Minimates. No plans right now but you never know. They have ones made that were never released. They may show some pictures of those at some point online to see how much interest in them there might be.
A Shazam and Bizarro exclusive Lego figure are being given-away at comic-con this weekend.
The 3.75" Green Lantern figures shown at the booth are being shown to see how much interest there is in a line. They've talked about doing Batman ones next maybe even with a Batcave playset.
6" scale isn't going away because of the 3.75"
Products based on Earth 2 series are in the works.
No plans for Young Justice figures from DCC. Fan who asked the question wasn't happy with the Mattel line.
The 3.75" figures if they sell out this weekend, they will go forward. These exclusives are being used to test the market.
No plans for Watchman Comic based figures more.
They explored doing something for the collectible world for Lego based stuff but because of price it was something they felt they couldn't pursue. Look for DCC stuff based on Injustice video game next year.
Look for a badass Superman statue with something like an angry expression shooting lasers out of his eyes.