Platform: PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system
Release Date: Spring 2004
Developer: Melbourne House
Publisher: Atari, Inc.
Rating: RP (Anticipate Teen)
On the planet of Cybertron (Transformers home world), the Transformers war between the Autobots and Decepticons rages on. The Decepticons seek the domination of life-giving planets throughout the universe and only the heroic Autobot warriors – led by Optimus Prime – stand in their way. Autobot losses are mounting and their desperate last stand takes a turn for the worse when the Decepticons introduce their new secret weapon: the massive Decepticlone Army. Created by the Decepticon leader Megatron, the Decepticlones are specialized robots built for the sole purpose of destroying the Autobots.
Defeat is at hand for the Autobots when a distress signal from the Mini-Cons, the long-lost third Transformers race, reaches Cybertron. Stranded on Earth, the Mini-Cons have the ability to tip the balance of power in the ongoing Transformers War. Knowing this, the Autobots and Decepticons race to Earth to find the Mini-Cons.
Transformers™ is a fast-paced, single-player, third-person action/combat game with countless enemies, immense battles and intense boss fights against the Decepticon leaders. Players control a single Autobot character in the game and can choose from three playable Autobots: Optimus Prime; Hot Shot and Red Alert. Numerous offensive and defensive weapons and power-ups are available to aid the player in battle.
The game spans 8 environments across the Earth and on Cybertron. Each expansive environment is incredibly detailed and full of enemy Decepticlones. Specific objectives and numerous secondary objectives need to be accomplished in each location. There are hidden power-ups and unlockable extras that can be discovered through exploration.
puts the player in the Transformers universe like never before, allowing them to join the epic battle against the evil Decepticons. It is up to the player to rescue the Mini-Cons and defeat the Decepticlone Army and its Decepticon leaders.
• Choose to play as Optimus Prime; Hot Shot or Red Alert;
• Go one-on-one against evil Decepticon leaders including Megatron, Unicron, Starscream, Tidal Wave and Cyclonus;
• Battle though 8 massive locations across the Earth and on Cybertron;
• Destroy enemies with more than 20 types of weapons including Cluster Rocket Launchers, Homing Missiles, Mines and Sniper Rifles;
• Defeat countless Decepticlone Spider Tanks, Sentry Drones, Heavy Grunts and other enemy forces;
• Instantly convert your Autobot from Robot form to Vehicle form for greater speed and mobility;
• Rescue over 40 types of Mini-Cons to obtain new abilities, offensive and defensive power-ups including Glide, Stealth, EMP Blast and Tractor Beam;