TF07 Recap - G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary 3 3/4" figures
: Jay Cochran - 2007.02.20
Just some noteworthy things to mention from our Toy Fair visit to the Hasbro Showroom plus some more detailed images of the first 10 figures shown.
- Loose filecards will be included in the 25th Anniversary Hero sets.
- Here Sets will also come with a small G.I.Joe logo display that has a sound chip in it, that when you push a button plays the theme from the orginal G.I.Joe cartoon.
- 25th Anniversary single card packaging we are told will look just like classic RAH cards from the 80's with filecards on the back
- The o-ring is gone on the 25th Anniversary figures. The articulation for these new figures were described as being similar to the super articulated clone troopers in Hasbro's Star Wars line.
- 25th Anniversary Cobra Commander has a place to hold his gun on his back like the orginal Cobra Commander figure did. You can see a picture of it in the galleries below.
In 1982 Hasbro introduced a new line of products that changed the landscape of boys action figures: G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO. The innovative line of 3-3/4-inch, fully articulated and fully poseable action figures complete with molded uniforms, gear and vehicles, quickly became one of the most memorable toy lines of the 1980s.
The A REAL AMERICAN HERO line launched not only a successful line of toys, but was also represented in an animated series and in a Marvel Comics series. Over the years, the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA storyline provided an opportunity to introduce more than 500 figures, including some ‘real-life’ people, such as Sgt. Slaughter and William “Refrigerator” Perry.
Now, twenty-five years later, Hasbro will commemorate the anniversary with the release of a special edition series of A REAL AMERICAN HERO figures that features the twenty-five most popular characters in the history of the line.
G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO sets
(Approximate retail price of $25.00; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Summer 2007)
Sure to delight fans both new and old, 25th Anniversary Figures are all new sculpts and the most detailed and articulated G.I. JOE figures ever! Hasbro kick-offs the anniversary with the release two special-edition sets, each containing five classic G.I. JOE characters from the A REAL AMERICAN HERO line. Characters include G.I. JOE force’s fearless patriots DUKE, SNAKE EYES, GUNG HO, SCARLET and ROAD BLOCK, as well as their slithery adversaries COBRA COMMANDER, DESTRO, STORM SHADOW, BARONESS and a COBRA TROOPER. Each pack also comes with a sound box in the shape of the G.I. JOE logo that plays the beloved theme from the G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO animated series.
G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO single packs
(Approximate retail price of $6.00; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2007)
Each of the fifteen 3-3/4-inch figures – in replica G.I. JOE packaging circa 1982 – will feature new sculpts, enhanced articulation, and a base stand featuring the character’s name.
MORE GI Joe NEWS & UPDATES
04:44 PM - 2014.02.28
04:01 PM - 2014.02.28
11:58 AM - 2014.02.20
07:54 AM - 2014.02.20
04:50 PM - 2014.02.18
06:45 PM - 2014.02.14
04:45 PM - 2014.02.12
05:23 PM - 2014.02.11
04:24 PM - 2014.02.07
10:08 AM - 2014.02.05