2011 G.I.Joe Con: Hasbro Panel & Day 2 Images
: Jay Cochran - 2011.04.02
We are bringing you coverage of the Hasbro G.I.Joe panel live from the 2011 G.I.Joe Convention in Orlando, FL. Be sure to update your browser often over the course of the next hour as we will be updating this blog regularly as the news happens. Also check the gallery below for images from Hasbro's booth.
- Hasbro Brand Team members thank the fans for their support.
- The new line is being dubbed "Celebration of the best from the 30 last years" and not "30 for 30" like was mentioned at Toy Fair, mainly because that title is trademarked by someone else.
- Blue packaging will be Joe and Cobra Red and Renegades will be different still but also differentiate Joe and Cobra with red and blue.
- Variants, Croc Master will see a Python Patrol version. Blowtorch will also see a concept art colors variants and won't be on display.
- Cobra the Enemy will come with his original riffle. General Hawk is a POC update and more modern looking. Cobra Commander uses the jungle CC torso. He comes with a secret weapon ingredient (Compound Z).
- SGT Stalker uses the Snake-Eyes figure and has a beret. Hazard Viper or Volcano Viper is a Toxic Specialist and comes with canisters of Compound Z. Renegades figures are still coming regardless of the status of the show.
- Snake-Eyes, Duke, Tunnel Rat, Cobra Commander (2 different heads) and Firefly will be coming in Renegades.
- Ultimate Storm Shadow is coming and it comes with pieces to make it into a Renegades version like the head and such so you get the best of both worlds.
- Techno-Viper comes with tons of detailed weapons. Comes with road cones you can connect together for trenches and such.
- Sci-Fi comes with a removable helmet and one with visor down and up.
- Cobra Renegades security trooper, two heads (Mask and unmask).
- New figures "Data Viper" a next generation Tele-Viper and guides and controls an unmanned drone. Also has removable helmet.
- Law And Order Renegades version with updated SWAT gear and a dog with an articulated head.
- New Classic looking Airtight on the way. Newly tooled and comes with traditional weapon and a shotgun. Has a rad reading device and oxygen tank.
- Also a Classic Lifeline is coming, with detailed accessories. Stretcher and parachute gear which is removable and accurate trama equipment like paddles and an usable IV bag. Also has a usable syringe.
- Zombie Viper is in the works. The infected will start the plague and have removable arms, removable helmet and canisters of compound Z.. Comes with regular arms and tentacle arms.
- New updated Kwinn is coming that is comic book accurate. It comes with a pack as well as some northeastern native American type weapons. Has combat shorts on.
- 12" Line from Hasbro will try to be more realistic than say ROC 12" figures. We will see a Marine, Firefighter (National Guardsman), Police K-9 unit and Paratrooper which is due out in August 2011. They want to try and honor some of the real heroes out there with these.
- Vehicles Black Dragon VTOL is newly tooled and based on the Renegades show and comes with a Renegades pilot. The wings fold and expand when you push a button.
- Crimson HISS Tank is a repaint and comes with the Crimson Horseman driver. It has a couple of backpacks that will attach to the tank.
- The VAMP is green (same color as the 82 version) and new Steel Brigade driver.
- Skystriker has black back tail wings like the original package art and seats 1 figure in the cockpit. Comes with a new version of ACE. The label sheet will come with different tail numbers so you can have different looking jet.
- SDCC Starscream (repainted Skystriker). Package Art is a re-imaging of what a 5th issue of the Marvel GIJoe/Transformers comic might have looked liked. There is no comic though just new art. There is decals that lets you differentiate Starscream a bit. Comes with Cobra Commander with a Megatron gun.
- SDCC will also see a release of a 25th Anniversary style Zarana figure along with a Cold Slyther black costume variant. Her shirt says Cold Slyther American Tour 1985.
- Renegades toys can survive without the cartoon and there is more Renegades stuff besides stuff debuted here.
- G.I.Joe is not moving out of Wal-Mart. Some stores have dropped it, but they are working to get that coverage ramped back up.
- No price change for Joe figures in the foreseeable future on the part of Hasbro.
- No more GIJoe/Transformers inf the foreseeable future after the Skystriker.
- When it comes to production of SDCC exclusive Starscream, Hasbro is well aware of the demand for it and is working to make sure there is enough for everyone who wants it, but it is the folks at HasbroToyShop who makes the final production call. But they are working with them to try and make sure there is enough.
- SDCC Starscream is a 1 seater, even if you see early images that might show a two-seater, it is in fact a one-seater.
- Removable holsters are limited by safty restrictions so they can't make them bigger, so they try and work around those restrictions like with GIJoe Renegades Snake-Eyes, to accommodate his huge gun they made it as a clip-on.
- Variant figure availability (numbers, what case assortments they will appear in ect ect) has not yet been determined.
- The Hiss Scout and the motorcycle vehicles shown yesterday and at previous shows are still looking for a retailer home. They are shopping them around to etailers right now and hoping they will be released at some point in the future.
- They have some great ideas for future 7-packs but nothing they are committing to or ready to announce, but could see something by the end of the year.
- No plans right now to release a Stinger version of the new VAMP. Its something they had in concept stages but nothing planned for release as of yet.
- No plans for large scale vehicles or playsets like Flagg. Alot of the tooling on those old ones have been lost and based on costs its not feasible.
- Will not likely see things like Sigma 6 in the Best of 30 line.
- Second wave of Mech-Suits have been canceled.
- With the "Celebration of the Last 30 years", its for getting collectors involved and the Renegades stuff is geared more for kids and hope kids get excited and engaged in Joe. It's a tricky line to balance adult characters and kids but they continue to work on it.
- IMAGES ADDED.
MORE GI Joe NEWS & UPDATES
From The GIJoe Collector Club.