The Four Horsemen
posted the following i regards to Toy Fair and their Toypocalypse event last weekend.
POST TOY FAIR & TOYPOCALYPSE 3 WRAP UPS!
Well, Toy Fair 2013 is over and done with, and we are finally starting to crawl out to see light of day here again at Four Horsemen Studios. It was a great show for us this year, and for the action figure world in general. There were a lot of cool reveals this year, with an accompanying buzz that we haven’t seen for quite a while. We had a lot of fun, and it was great to see friends and colleagues again that we haven’t seen since this time last year.
We realize that in the midst of the whirlwind of Toy Fair events that there are a lot of questions about various aspects of what we revealed this weekend. So without further adieu, here is the official Four Horsemen Studios Post Toy Fair / Toypocalypse 3 Wrap-up:
Toy Fair and our annual gallery show at TT Underground Gallery - Toypocalypse brought us the opportunity to finally reveal the prototypes for our newest property: Power Lords. At our Toypocalypse 3: ExtraTOYrrestrial show we celebrated the launch by showcasing a number of vintage Power Lords collectibles and fan submitted artwork. Original Power Lords character designer Wayne Barlowe was on hand to share his experiences with the property, and also to show off his collection of original drawings and concepts from the original line. A segment was filmed for the incredibly popular reality TV show “Cake Boss” where the bakery presented to the Four Horsemen an amazing Power Lords themed cake. It was a sight to behold, and flat out delicious. Thanks to everyone involved for making this such an amazing event.
- The Power Lords action figure line will be at an approximate 3.75” scale - the figures that were shown at Toypocalypse 3 were 2-ups.
- We are going to begin the tooling process on the first Power Lords figures with variants in the next couple of weeks. We are hoping to release a preview wave of these figures at San Diego Comic Con 2013.
- We will be doing a number of exclusive and variant figures over the course of the year with the fully painted and carded set to be released early-mid winter.
- The plan as of right now is to include Glyos compatible joints, but the extent of this won’t be determined until we go over these with the factory. Fingers crossed...
- We are still planning on moving forward with the Power Lords Fan Club, but we are still working out the details to ensure that the club is really special. Details on that will be revealed between now and Comic Con.
THE OUTER SPACE MEN
- We are currently putting finishing touches on upcoming Outer Space Men figures Colossus Rex, Terra Firma, Gamma-X, and Jack Asteroid. These will be on our regular schedule with the Alpha Phase debuting and on sale at San Diego Comic Con 2013 (don't worry - for those not able to attend Comic Con they'll be up for sale at Store Horsemen in limited amounts as well). The Beta Phase, Galactic Holiday, and Infinity editions will be released at the same basic time intervals as previous waves.
- We will be getting into revisions on the three new female OSM characters that were revealed at Toypocalypse 3 very soon, and release date is yet to be determined based on the work remaining on the figures. We will keep you updated as these progress.
- The 2nd wave of Cosmic Creators: Mel Birnkrant editions will be exclusive to The Outer Space Men website (https://www.theouterspacemen.com/). They are up for pre-order now.
- We are planning on starting a Kickstarter program for the Raven and his variants in the spring of this year. Fans have waited a long time for this figure to come to fruition, and the time is finally almost here! We will continue to update about this as we get closer to the start date.
- The Vampire Queen’s fate will be determined in large part by the results of the Raven Kickstarter. We originally planned to sneak these ladies in before the Ravens because we thought she would be quick and significantly cheaper. That proved not to be true, and we also got a good feel for how passionate the fans were about the Raven. So if all goes well, we may have a Kickstarter going for the Vampire Queen by this time next year.
MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS
- First, we wanted to thank everybody for all of the kind words on all of the MotU Classics reveals. We were excited to show this batch of items off to the world, and the warm response was greatly appreciated.
- We will be recording an episode of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner this weekend where we will be discussing the show in detail. Horseman Eric Treadaway will be joining the regular RGD crew again so please keep an eye out for the episode, and hopefully all of your questions will be revealed.