Here's my NECA '87 cartoon-style April O'Neil!
The goal here was slavish accuracy to the cartoon model, and I think I just about nailed it! Every line on the jumpsuit, every belt loop and clasp and pocket, every tuft of hair.
- Head is from Hasbro's first ML Wasp, I took extra care sculpting all her little layers and cowlicks in her iconic poofy hairdo.
- ML Human Torch boots (Ronan the Accuser series)
- ML Hellcat legs and body
- LCBH Ann O'Brien jacket and arms
- Gripping hands from a ML Valkyrie (Hulkbuster series)
- Open hands from a ML Enchantress.
- Accessories all came from a classic Playmates April figure (1992 "5th Anniversary" purple stripes version) with one exception:
- The iconic clamshell . . . er, I mean turtle-shell "makeup compact" Turtle Communicator, also sculpted entirely by hand, built it using an old ToyBiz ML "hinged fingers" hand, so it actually has a tiny hinge that allows it to open and close!
This April O'Neil figure is probably the best work I've ever produced, and she looks perfect with my NECA '87 Cartoon TMNT. When NECA DOES release their version . . . well, I'll undoubtedly pick it up, but she's gonna have a HARD time living up to mine!
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE