New Todd McFarlane Batman Statue To Be Unveiled At SDCC
by Jay Cochran
July 16, 2019
In celebration of the 80th anniversary, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Collectibles announced today that the 100th Batman Black and White statue in the popular ongoing DC Collectibles line will be unveiled at the forthcoming San Diego Comic-Con Museum on July 17. A special over 6-foot life-size version of the Todd McFarlane-designed statue will be revealed during a special ceremony recognizing DC’s iconic Super Hero, Batman, the inaugural inductee into the Comic-Con Museum Hall of Fame.
The milestone #100 statue is based off McFarlane’s own cover of Batman issue #423. As with the previous 99 in the series, McFarlane’s design, reinforces the core value of DC Collectibles to represent the printed page in 3D form and pays homage to Batman’s rich legacy.
Guests of the Museum will also have the rare opportunity to see the current 100-statue series throughout the week as part of The Batman Experience Powered by AT&T at the Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park. Not only will #100 be revealed with its special life-size version, but #99 by Doug Mahnke will be making its first public appearance.
Following the Comic-Con Museum launch event titled, “The Gathering” which will feature a “black carpet reception,” the life-size #100 Black & White statue will be auctioned off with proceeds benefiting the Comic-Con Museum.
“To simply be a part of the 80th anniversary of a character that has always held such a special place in my heart is an honor,” McFarlane said. “But in designing this statue I truly feel like I’m adding to Batman’s legacy and in the process benefitting a hall of fame that will become an institution both for comic fans and the San Diego community.”
DC Collectibles will give fans even more super-sized experiences and opportunities during Comic-Con week with:
- DC Collectibles will hold its annual panel, moderated by Samm Levine, in Room 9 on July 18 from 10:00-11:00 a.m. PT. Led by Executive Creative Director Jim Fletcher, the panel will also consist of special guests Todd McFarlane and Jake Castorena. From limited edition statues and action figures to prop replicas, busts, and vinyls fans can join the DC Collectibles crew to hear the latest exclusive news about what’s coming and how each designer turns their amazing ideas into fan-favorite items.
- DC Collectibles will once again highlight new and never before seen sculpts and figures on the Comic Con floor this year in the all new DC and WB mega booth #4545. A few of the notable items to be displayed will include:
- Batman Black and White #99 and #100
- Batman Animated: The Adventures Continue Action Figures
- DC Artists Alley: Aquaman by Chris Uminga and The Joker by Brandt Peters
- DC Essentials: Batman, Poison Ivy, Superman (Black Suit) and Bizarro
- DC Cover Cover Girls
- Joelle Jones completes her run with the beautiful Catwoman Wedding Statue
- Frank Cho takes over the line with his own take on the classic Batgirl
- And Many More!
Image 1 of 11
Image 2 of 11
Image 3 of 11
Image 4 of 11
Image 5 of 11
Image 6 of 11
Image 7 of 11
Image 8 of 11
Image 9 of 11
Image 10 of 11
Image 11 of 11
One of my favorite incarnations of the Batman. I especially like the bats merging with the cape.
Both statues look awesome! Can't wait to see to see what McFarlane can give us for DC action figures.
That Todd McFarlane statue looks really good, hopefully we'll get DC characters done in Todd's style once they start doing their DC figures.
This is what we were all expecting, McFarlaneDc figures based on Todds unique design.
Yo, but what about a Todd McFarlane Batman action figure? I hope we get one next year.
Yeah! I love Todd's stylized pointy capes!!
Beautiful statue! Love Todd's work, hope we may get a sneak peek of his new DC 6' line.
- 2019-07-16 @ 9:20 pm
I like Todd's statue. Doug's too.
Dc collectibles has great statues.
MORE DC Comics
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Contact and Support
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Submit News |
Contact ENI |
©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE