To help make the 2007 convention season the best one yet, Diamond Comic Distributors offers comic book specialty retailers eight exciting, highly limited exclusives that are sure to attract consumers and boost profits at the industry's largest trade shows: Comic-Con International: San Diego (July 26-29) and Wizard World Chicago (August 9-12)!
Diamond customers who plan on exhibiting at either show may place pre-orders for these exclusives through Friday, June 29. Upon placing an order, Comic-Con International exhibitors can then opt to have product delivered to their booths on Tuesday, July 24, or arrange to pick up their order from Diamond's booth on July 24 or Wednesday, July 25. Products ordered for Wizard World Chicago will be delivered to retailers' booths on Thursday, August 9. Retailers will be invoiced for orders after taking receipt of the product.
Retailers should note that Diamond will only have enough inventory on hand in San Diego to fill pre-orders to be sold at the show, and will not have additional inventory available for non-pre-order pick-ups. Retailers who plan on attending, but not exhibiting, will be able to order the exclusives from Diamond's booth for delivery after the show. However, allocations may occur, especially as these items are intended for sale at conventions, and priority will be given to exhibitor orders. Furthermore, if demand exceeds supply, product pre-ordered by exhibiting retailers may also be allocated.
Finally, Diamond will use signage to direct interested parties to booths that have purchased the exclusives in volume pricing quantities. Diamond will also promote the exclusives with a full-page ad in the official Comic-Con International program guide and website (www.comic-con.org
This year's exclusives are listed below, along with Diamond item codes, retail pricing and retailer cost for each. Volume pricing, where available, follows the item description.
- Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: First Death #1 - Diamond Exclusive SDCC Sketch Variant (DCD Item Code: FEB078235)
: Laurell K. Hamilton, Dabel Brothers Productions and Marvel Comics give readers a look into Anita Blake's past in this special SDCC 2007 variant cover edition! Written by Laurell K. Hamilton & Jonathan Green and featuring a cover by Brett Booth, this issue is part one of a two-part story arc set one year before the events of Guilty Pleasures. Limited to 5,000 copies.
- Thor #1 - Diamond Exclusive Coipel SDCC Variant Cover Edition (DCD Item Code: MAR078209)
: Marvel Comics reintroduces the Thunder God to the post-Civil War Marvel Universe in this highly anticipated ongoing series by red-hot superstars J. Michael Straczynski and Olivier Coipel, who provides the variant cover for this edition! Limited to 7,500 copies.
- Marvel Zombies: Colonel America Bust SDCC Edition (DCD Item Code: MAR078305)
: Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles pays homage to the Sentinel of Liberty as seen in Marvel Comics' white-hot Marvel Zombies series! Limited to 1,000 pieces.
- Marvel MiniMates: Marvel Zombies Giant Man & Daredevil 2-Pack (DCD Item Code: MAR078184)
: Two of the most popular characters from Marvel Zombies are presented as MiniMates in this two-pack from Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles! Designed and sculpted by Art Asylum, both figures stand approximately 2" tall, feature multiple points of articulation and include clear accents that simulate decaying, battle-damaged body parts. Limited to 5,000 sets
- Be@rbricks Joe Linsner's Dawn 2-Piece Set - SDCC 2007 Exclusive (DCD Item Code: FEB078039)
: This special two-pack from Medicom, featuring Joe Linsner's Dawn and Death in Be@rbrick form, contains two 2-3/4" tall figures approved by Linsner himself, who also designed the set's window box packaging. Limited to 2,007 sets.
- Star Wars: "Holographic" Darth Vader Wacky Wobbler
- SDCC 2007 Exclusive (DCD Item Code: MAR078349): Darth Vader reports to the Emperor via holographic projection as this special edition, 7" tall, clear vinyl Wacky Wobbler from Funko that ships in window box packaging! Limited to 3,000 pieces.
- Mon-Sieur Bom' Collection Volume 11: Jungle Emi Combat Version Repaint
- SDCC 2007 Exclusive (DCD Item Code: FEB078137): The popular BomĘ creation, Emi, gets a new look as a 7" tall figure with a 'Holstein' pattern bikini, combat helmet. Limited to 2,007 pieces.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: "Race Queen" Rei Ayanami PVC Statue
- SDCC 2007 Exclusive (DCD Item Code: FEB078140): Kotobukiya presents this beautiful PVC statue of enigmatic EVA pilot Rei Ayanami, styled for a day at the speedway as a Japanese "Race Queen" (pretty girl on the sideline, cheering on her team's driver)! This entry in Kotobukiya's Evangelion Shoujo Statue Series measures 7-1/2" tall (1/8th scale) and ships in its original Japanese language window box. Limited to 1,250 pieces.
Art for these items is available upon request.
To pre-order these products in time for Comic-Con International: San Diego or Wizard World Chicago, retailers should contact Diamond Accounts Representative Charlie Menshaw by phone at (800) 452-6642, ext. 380, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 29
for a complete checklist of all the 2007 San Diego Comic Con exclusives.