2013 SDCC DC Collectibles Panel
by Jay Cochran
July 18, 2013
Action figures, statues, busts, PVC figures-DC Collectibles has them all, and more! Join the DC Collectibles crew, including DCE chief creative officer Geoff Johns, DC Comics co-publisher Jim Lee, VP for creative services Kevin Kiniry, director for creative services Jim Fletcher, and sculptor Tim Miller to hear how they come up with so many great products, and what's coming up from comics' top makers of awesome collectibles!
We are bringing you live coverage of this panel as it happens so be sure to refresh your browser often over the course of the next hour.
Jim Fletcher - Director Creative Services
Geoff Johns - Chief Creative Office
Jim Lee 0 Co-Publisher & Artist
Tim Miller - Sculptor
- Batman Black & White Statues.
- 50th statue for this line is coming out in August. Batman by Sean Murphy.
- Greg Capullo Batman & Joker statues will come out after that in October 2013.
- Batman Arkham Origins coming in November and Batman Earth 2 by Nicola Scott in January.
- Batman by Gary Frank in March 2014. Harley Quinn by Bruce Timm will be released in May 2014
- Man Of Steel Superman Statues
- Superman by Frank Quitely in 10/13, Superman By Kenneth Rocafort in March.
- Wonder Woman Art of War Statues.
- First on in series will be based on Jim Lee design. Second statue will be based on Adam Hughes sculpted by Tim Miller. It will be out in May/June.
- Justice League Chess Set.
- DC Collectibles will be doing more lifestyle type stuff.
- DC Comics Bombshells. Wonder Woman in Sept and Supergirl in October. Black Canary, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn will also be released in this line. More after those will be released in this line.
- Suicide Squad 6" Figures - Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Captain Boomerang with more to come.
- Capullo based 6" figures, Talon, Batman and Nightwing in April 2014. More to come after these three.
- Arrow figures will see Queen and Deathstroke 2-pack in April 2014. More DC characters will be appearing in season 2 of the show.
- Scribblenauts Unmaked based DC figures coming. Aquaman, Batman Blood Storm, Green Lantern Maxwell, Superman, Black Manta. They will be done as a blind box type deal this winter.
- Batman Arkham Origins - Batman, Black Mask, Joker and Bane wave 1. Wave 2 will see Deathsroke and Deadshot along with some others.
- The number of Points of Articulation in many cases is based on how well they can hide it on the figure.
- Clayface could make it's way into the Batman Arkham line eventually.
- A variant Oliver figure for the Arrow line that has no shirt on has been sculpted but they aren't sure when or how it will be released.
- One day when 3D printer technology becomes better and more affordable they could envision where people simply buy a file of the figure they want and then you make the figure yourself at home.
Image 1 of 17
Image 2 of 17
Image 3 of 17
Image 4 of 17
Image 5 of 17
Image 6 of 17
Image 7 of 17
Image 8 of 17
Image 9 of 17
Image 10 of 17
Image 11 of 17
Image 12 of 17
Image 13 of 17
Image 14 of 17
Image 15 of 17
Image 16 of 17
Image 17 of 17
MORE 2013 San Diego Comic Con
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Contact and Support
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Submit News |
Contact ENI |
©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE